Environmental manager with over 37 years of US and international management experience working for the mine, minerals and metals refining industry in both operating and project development roles. This includes Mining, Smelting, Refining, Industrial Minerals/Chemicals, Power Generation (coal, oil, and gas), Transportation (truck, rail, and ocean), and Heavy Construction.
- DRUMMOND ltd, COLOMBIA
Senior Environmental Manager, Aug 2015-Present;
- MINERIA CHINALCO PERU
Environmental Services Manager, Jun 2014-Jul 2015;
- Nyrstar US Inc.
Environmental Manager, Mining (Florida-based Corporate Group), Jan-Apr 2014;
- Compañía MINERA ANTAMINA
Environmental Superintendent (Corporate Development, Strategic Development, Permitting, and Project Management), Aug 2005 through Dec 2013;
- Searles Valley Minerals Op. Inc. (formerly IMC Chemicals, Trona, California)
- Barrick Chile, Compañía Minera Nevada (Chile/Argentina)
Project Environmental Manager, July 2000 to June 2002 (Note: contract overlap/IMC)
- SOUTHERN PERU COPPER CORPORATION (Peru)
Chief Environmental Engineer, Apr 1996 to Mar 2000 (3-yr contract; extended 1 year)
- HOMESTAKE MINING COMPANY, MCLAUGHLIN GOLD PROJECT (Northern California)
Senior Environmental Engineer, Feb 1991 to Mar 1996
- ICCCO, (purchased by CYPRUS MINERALS, 1988; PHELPS DODGE, 2000; FMC 2006), Globe, Arizona Environmental Coordinator, Supervisor/Plant Engineer, Aug 1980-Feb 1991
- Masters of Science Degree, Environmental Health and Safety Management – Jan 2000 – Feb 2003, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York. Bachelors of Science, Atmospheric (Physical) Sciences
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105.
- University Certificate in Hazardous Materials Management, University of California, Davis, California 95616-8727.
- California Grade I Water Treatment Operator’s Certificate (1995), Preparation: Yuba College, Lower Lake, California 95457.
- MSHA 30 CFR Part 48 Certified Instructor (Health and Safety)
- Incident Command Systems; and Ocean Shoreline Response & Impact Assessment Training, plus various 40-hr Hazwoper Courses; Various U.S. and International training & consulting firms
- Numerous EMS/Professional Training Seminars (Hydrogeological Transport Modeling, Air Dispersion Modeling, Instrumentation/process control, Stack/Source Testing, etc) – AWMA, AMS and other professional organizations.
- Cal-OSHA…Certified Underground Gas Tester (1995)
- Method 9 – successfully completed opacity training at numerous locations in Arizona and California
- NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver Certification (45 years+)
- Professional Organization Memberships/Affiliations
- Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS).
- Industrial Minerals Association – North America (IMA-NA)
- International Society of Mine Safety Professionals (ISMSP)